The Apostle Paul says of the believers who will be living when Jesus returns: “We who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air” (1 Thess 4:17). We generally refer to the “catching up” as the Rapture. Does this event occur before the Tribulation? During? After? On Sept. 4th the Bush Center for Faith and Culture will host the Day of Prophecy conference, in which the arguments for a pre-tribulational rapture will be examined.
The speakers include Craig Blaising, Provost of Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary; Ed Hindson, Dean of the School of Religion at Liberty University, Michael Rydelnik, Professor of Jewish Studies at Moody Bible Institute; and William Watson, Professor of History at Colorado Christian University.
The schedule is as follows:
- 10 am: Ed Hindson (Binkley Chapel) — “Can we still believe in the Rapture?”
- 1 pm: William Watson (Bush Center) — “The Rapture before Darby”
- 2 pm: Michael Rydelnik (Bush Center) — “Israel, the Church, and the Tribulation”
- 3 pm: Panel Discussion (Bush Center) with Danny Akin, Craig Blaising, Ed Hindson, William Watson, and Michael Rydelnik
- 7 pm: Craig Blaising (Wake Forest Baptist Church) — “The Rapture and the Day of the Lord”
More information about the conference (including registration) can be found here.